Laureate Foundation has initiated an anti-drugs campaign entitled "STEP UP for Youth" with the strategic objective of "supporting the Drug Strategy and prevent young people from becoming problematic drug users and to enable those who are to access the support required." The campaign was launched in 2013 and reached to 1000 youth to educate them on the anti-smoking attitudes during the first phase of the campaign.The campaign is designed with an aim of:-
- Promoting volunteerism on elimination of drug addiction among youth
- Create awareness about issues related to drug addiction in close proximity to Health Problems
- Impart knowledge on issues like hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular diseases, suicide and death due to overdose of drugs
- Build leadership skills through peer education
- NETWORKING between the Organizations working on drug addiction and youth
With a massive awareness campaign the campaign managed to achieve the remarkable outcomes in one year time span:-
- Increased awareness of the health and social problems caused by drug use or which
- Influence drug consumption, and to encourage an open dialogue with a view to promoting a better understanding of the phenomenon of drugs
- Exchange of best practice on innovative awareness raising campaigns targeted at young people and integrated with prevention activities on the risks associated with drug use.
- Enhanced capability of young girls to advocate the community by creating social action project.
The Campaign was also got an honorary affiliation with the "DRUG FREE CITY PROJECT LAHORE" by Anti -Narcotics Force Punjab during the tenure from 2013-2014.